CCE Seminar Day 2017
10:00 am - Doors open for breakfast and networking
10:30am - Opening Remarks, Professor Jackie Barton, Chair, Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
10:30-12:10pm - Session 1
- Ruijie (Kelly) Zhang, Arnold Group, "Advancing non-natural biocatalytic C–H bond amination via directed evolution"
- Charlie Arnett, Agapie Group, "High Spin Tetranuclear Iron Clusters Reversibly Bind CO in Four Redox States"
- Tonia Ahmed, Grubbs Group , "Highly Stereoretentive Olefin Metathesis with Ru Catalysts Supported by Dithiolate Ligands"
- Dr. Joshua Kretchmer, Chan Group , "Splitting a system into small fragments: Electron dynamics from real-time embedding theories"
12:10-1:30pm - Lunch
1:30-3:10pm - Session 2
- Meaghan Deegan, Peters Group, "Incorporation of Fe-H equivalents for the reduction of CO and N2."
- Samantha Shockley, Stoltz Group, "Recent developments in stereoselective iridium-catalyzed allylic alkylation methods"
- Christopher Kenseth, Seinfeld Group, "Towards a Molecular Understanding of Organic Particles in the Atmosphere"
- Dr. Ana Correia, Hoelz Group , "Architecture of the nuclear pore complex coat"
3:10-3:30pm - Coffee break
3:30-5:10pm - Session 3
- Kevin Shen, Wang Group , "Beyond Debye-Huckel: Polymer Conformations and Electrostatic Correlations"
- Belinda Wenke, Rees Group, "Following the electrons: Multiwavelength crystallographic oxidation state assignment of the nitrogenase iron protein"
- Annelise Thompson, Lewis Group, "The effects of fluorinated graphene on silicon interfaces"
- Matthew Smarte, Okumura Group, "Synchrotron photoionization studies of atmospheric radical chemistry"
5:15-6:15pm - Poster session
6:15-7:00pm - Dinner