Semlow Lab Postdoctoral Scholar
Postdoctoral positions are available in the laboratory of Daniel Semlow in the Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering at the California Institute of Technology. The Semlow lab is broadly interested in understanding the molecular mechanisms of DNA damage and repair. We are seeking motivated fellows that will undertake biochemical, genetic, and analytical approaches to elucidate novel pathways in DNA repair. At Caltech, fellows will contribute to an outstanding intellectual environment and enjoy access to state-of-the-art resources and facilities.
Candidates should have a PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, chemistry or related field and strong record of research productivity. Experience in CRISPR/Cas9 screening or mass spectrometry is a plus, but not required.
Interested applicants should send a CV with a summary of research interests and contact information for three references to Dr. Daniel Semlow (email@example.com).
Scientist II, Downstream Process Development
Codiak is driven by a belief that the most innovative medicines are found at the intersections of scientific fields and that problem-solving across disciplinary boundaries is necessary to be a leader in bionanoparticle therapeutics. The Downstream Processing group at Codiak is seeking a talented, creative, and passionate candidate motivated to bring impactful therapeutic modalities to patients with unmet medical needs. The group prides itself on integrity and collaboration while almost always finding time to have fun at work.
The Scientist will develop and optimize the company's novel exogenous exosome/synthetic nucleic acid loading platform. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, thrive on increasing levels of responsibility, and have a demonstrated capability to drive science in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities will include providing technical/scientific expertise and leadership in all areas of drug process development such as loading, cleanup, filtration, and formulation. Additional responsibilities will include assisting in the development of processes for the purification of exosomes.
- Design, execute, and analyze pioneering loading processes for diverse molecules, including ASOs, siRNA, mRNA, and small molecules.
- Develop unit operations to enable cleanup and formulation of durably loaded drug product.
- Scale-up processes from bench to pilot and cGMP clinical manufacturing scale, including technology transfer through clinical manufacturing.
- Create state-of-the-art small-scale models and characterization capabilities.
- Identify, engage, and manage external collaborators to explore new loading technologies
- Assist in the development and execution of purification processes as needed.
- Seek to connect structural attributes and functional potency of loaded drug product.
- Perform document writing, data interpretation, presentation, statistical analysis, and trending.
- Serve as function lead on pipeline programs to guide them to successful completion, requiring cross-functional collaboration and scientific and technical expertise.
- Author scientific manuscripts and patents. Present work internally and externally.
- Aid in the authoring of Regulatory documents.
Ph.D. in chemistry, polymer chemistry, biochemical engineering or similar disciplines with a minimum of 2 years related experience; expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts;
A. Proficient in organic, polymer, and bioconjugation chemistry;
B. Experience developing processes with exosomes, liposomes, and/or lipid nanoparticles;
C. Background in applying advanced technologies to develop methods for loading of payloads into and onto nanoparticles;
D. Experience in development and transfer of production processes for nanoparticles to cGMP manufacturing organizations;
E. Demonstrated technical proficiency, work ethic, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought;
F. Excellent communication and presentation skills (oral and written);
G. Reputation as emerging leader in field with sustained performance and accomplishment