Tenure-Track Faculty Positions in NUS Chemistry
The Department of Chemistry at National University of Singapore (NUS) is seeking outstanding candidates for tenure-track faculty positions in all chemistry disciplines, with preferences in the following areas:
- Biochemistry/Chemical Biology
- Energy/Environmental Chemistry
- Artificial Intelligence in Chemistry
- Polymer Chemistry
Successful candidates would be expected to:
- have a Ph.D. in chemistry or relevant disciplines and preferentially with postdoctoral experience
- possess a strong track record of publications
- establish an internationally recognized research program
- be competitive for external research funding
- have a strong commitment to teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels, and supervise undergraduate, master and doctoral students
Successful candidates will receive:
- a tenure-track position with an attractive salary package as an assistant professor at NUS
- up to SGD 1 million in a start-up research grant + scholarships to hire Ph.D students
- a white space fund of SGD 250,000
- an opportunity to compete with the NRF Fellowship from Singapore National Research Foundation, which come with a five-year research grant of up to SGD 3 million
Singapore's pro-research, pro-education and pro-talent environment will suit scientists seeking to live and work in a progressive and dynamic environment.
Interested candidates should email the following as soon as possible to Ms June Chan (email@example.com):
- CV with a complete list of publications
- Three letters of reference including one from the applicant's main supervisor (to be sent directly by the external referees to firstname.lastname@example.org). The letters of reference should address the following questions with reference to the candidate:
- "How do you compare [the candidate] with other recent graduates of your programme, specifically, [list graduates with good placements]?"
- "To which departments in the National Research Council (NRC) list (http://sites.nationalacademies.org/pga/resdoc/) would you recommend the candidate for tenure-track position?
- A statement of research and a 3-page research plan with a proposed start-up research budget and utilization plan.